||[Apr. 1st, 2006|12:30 pm]
well, here's what i want to do:|
- major in music performance for the trumpet
- major in music theory and composition
- try out for blast! after i graduate from college. man, travel the nation, the world, playing the trumpet, that's what i want to do. plus i want the lead trumpet's spot because he is amazing and i want to be just as good as him one day
- become a professional trumpet musician
- composer, for films and such
- music producer, definitely want my own recording studio
- expand my horizons in other instruments, especially the other brass instruments
- I want to make the Blue Devils Drum Corps, most especially
- Other things too outside of music, but there's too many to list
So, as you can see, my goals are in music, because i really want to expand in that area as much as possible.
I realize that classical music is not really my taste. i mean, i'll play it and everything, but i don't get that same feeling when i play jazz or marching band, so i dunno. I want to make sure i keep my classical style with me. i love my trumpet, i can't wait for college so i can take all those classes that focus on my musical interests. yes. well, that's pretty much it. life is good so far. just want time to go by faster so i can do all this shiiiiitt. mmk, later peoples.
Oh, and also, Blast! was an amazing show to see live. I went about a week ago, and it was most outstanding. The lead trumpet player, with all the solos, yeah, i know him. he went to ridge. he's so so good, and i hope to be as good as him. You know, i was pretty happy to go see Blast just cuz i usually don't do things like that. like, i'll say i want to do something, but i don't do it. it was nice to finally do something for a change. oh, i also heard a part of Stomp from outside of ASU, it was really cool actually. i didn't really want to go see Stomp, though. it would've been cool, but it's all right. i'm not joining them any time soon, heh. all right, i think i'm done now. laters.